Tuesday, August 2 2016 18:38
Alina Hovhannisyan

In H1, 2016 metallurgy sector of Armenia experienced 6.7% y-o-y decline of production

In H1, 2016 metallurgy sector of Armenia experienced 6.7% y-o-y  decline of production

ArmInfo. In the first half of 2016 the ferromolybdenum output in Armenia accelerated drop from 1.3% to 8.7% and totaled 2 895 tons. The National Statistical Service of 
Armenia reports that in June alone the ferromolybdenum output made up 583 tons (16.6% more than in May 2016).

In Jan-June 2016, the output of molybdenum concentrate dropped by 7.9% to 5253 tons (up 1.6% to 1015 tons in June 2016); production of molybdenum briquettes dropped by 1.6% over year and totaled 367 tons (60 tons in June alone with 3.2% monthly drop).  Blister cooper output rose by 30.9% to 6321 tons in Jan- June 2016 versus 3.7% decline in previous year. Blister copper output was 1066 thousand 
tons in June 2016); copper concentrate output grew by 31% to 192.6 thsd tons in Jan-June 2016 versus 54.2% growth in the same period of 2015 (up 4.8% to 34.7 thsd tons in June 2016).

The aluminum foil output in Armenia dropped by 2.1% y-o-y to 15002 tons in Jan-June 2016 (down 0.4% to 2561 tons in June 2016 alone); the output of steel pipes fell by 46.3% to 2845 tons versus 26.9% growth in the same period of 2015 (up 38.3% to 643 tons in June 2016); zinc concentrate output declined by 48.7% to 3528 tons (up 
3-fold to 1059 tons in June 2016).

All metals manufactured in Armenia are exported mostly to Europe and the United States.

To note, metallurgy sector reduced output by 15% in 2015. Particularly, drop of production of ferromolybdenum accelerated from 1.4% to 14.6%, molybdenum concentrate dropped by 11.6%, output of rolled aluminum decreased by 45.7%, output of zinc concentrate dropped by 23%. At the same time production of blister cooper increased in 2015 from 16% to 18.2%, copper concentrate from 61.4% to 
64.1% and aluminum foil by 1.4%, steel pipes by 6.7%.


News


Exchange rates
04.02.2021
RUB6.900.06
USD520.600.45
EUR623.94-1.64
GBP707.08-2.66
CAD406.50-0.18
JPY49.47-0.04
CNY80.580.15
CHF576.97-1.87



Government Bonds

Issue volume

10 billion

Volume of T-bills for placement

200 million

Volume of submitted competitive applications

200 million

Volume of satisfied bids

200 million

Yield at cut-off price

 5.8314%

Maximum yield

 5.8314%

Мinimum yield

 5.8314%

Weighted average yield

 5.8314%

Number of participants

2

The maturity date of T-bills

03.02.2020

ArmEx

 

СПРОС (Покупка)

USD

Средневзв. Цена

482,00

ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЕ (Продажа)

  USD

Средневзв. Цена

-

СДЕЛКИ

USD

Цена откр.

482,00

Цена закр.

482,00

Мин. Цена

482,00

Макс. Цена

482,00

Ср/взв. Цена

482,00

-0.16

Кол-во сделок

1

Объем (инвал.)

200 000

0бъем (драм)

96 400 000