Wednesday, November 23 2016 14:27
Naira Badalian

Deputy Minister: Armenia claims to become a serious transiter of electricity

Deputy Minister: Armenia claims to become a serious transiter of  electricity

ArmInfo. Upon completion of the  construction of two power transmission lines (Iran-Armenia and  Armenia-Georgia), the reciprocal cross-flow of electric energy Will  exceed the current indicators almost 10-fold, which will allow the  republic to become a serious transiter of electricity, Deputy  Minister of Energy Infrastructures and Natural Resources of Armenia  Hayk Harutyunyan said at a press conference on November 23, when  presenting the Armenian Government's priorities in power engineering.    

The deputy minister said that Armenia is conducting an active policy  in terms of regional integration and trade expansion. The country is  building two power transmission lines (Iran-Armenia and Armenia-  Georgia), which will be simultaneously completed in 2019. 

Upon completion of the construction, he said, Armenia will not only  enhance its image as a transiter, but will also considerably increase  the efficiency of consumption of the current capacities in the  country by creating new capacities for electricity export. "At the  present stage, electricity holds the 6th positions in terms of  export. We are planning to rise by several positions in this rating,"  he said. 

The construction of the Armenia-Georgia and Iran-Armenia power  transmission lines will enable creation of a single energy corridor.  The project envisages installation of 722 electric poles. Almost all  the sections through which the power transmission line will be laid  have already been bought out. The equipment imported to Armenia has  already been tested. 

Earlier ArmInfo reported that Armenia intends to create a regional  electric power market with its partners in the region.  Armenian  Deputy Minister of Energy Infrastructures and Natural Resources Areg   Galstyan said in Parliament on October 26 that the need to create   conditions for effective parallel activities of the power grids of   Iran, Georgia, Armenia and Russia. The construction of Iran- Armenia   and Armenia-Georgia high voltage power transmission lines will create  all the necessary prerequisites for that. Both projects will be   implemented by the end of 2019. At the same time, Georgia is   negotiating with Russia on construction of a new 500KV power   transmission line and substations, which will enable not only   reciprocal cross-flows of electric power, but also commercial deals.   At the moment, a coordination group at the level of deputy ministers   of the four countries is actively working to launch the projects. By  late 2019 the 1 thsd MW North-South energy corridor will operate at   full capacity. He stressed that Armenia will both economically and   politically benefit even from electric power transit. To note, SUNIR   (Iran) has received official permit to build a 400KV Iran-Armenia   power transmission line. The relevant decision was taken during the   Government's meeting on April 28. The permit was provided under the   memorandum signed between Armenia and Iran in May 2006. To recall,   the Armenian Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources and the Export   Development Bank of Iran signed the agreement on construction of   400KV Iran-Armenia power transmission line in August 2015. The total   cost of the project is 107.9 mln EUR. The Iranian Bank will provide  77% of the amount, with the remaining 23% to be provided by the   general contractor - SUNIR. The total length will be 279km. The line   will be laid from Meghri to Hrazdan, where a 440/220KV substation   will be built 10 km away from the Hrazdan TPP. From the latter a new   400KV power transmission line will be laid to Georgia under another  project (at the expense of a KfW loan with co- financing of EIB and   the EU. The total financing will be 105.2 mln EUR).


News


Exchange rates
25.01.2021
RUB6.88-0.07
USD518.36-0.08
EUR629.39-1.71
GBP708.600.26
CAD407.68-0.64
JPY49.94-0.07
CNY79.97-0.26
CHF584.07-1.80



Government Bonds

Issue volume

10 billion

Volume of T-bills for placement

200 million

Volume of submitted competitive applications

200 million

Volume of satisfied bids

200 million

Yield at cut-off price

 5.8314%

Maximum yield

 5.8314%

Мinimum yield

 5.8314%

Weighted average yield

 5.8314%

Number of participants

2

The maturity date of T-bills

03.02.2020

ArmEx

 

СПРОС (Покупка)

USD

Средневзв. Цена

482,00

ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЕ (Продажа)

  USD

Средневзв. Цена

-

СДЕЛКИ

USD

Цена откр.

482,00

Цена закр.

482,00

Мин. Цена

482,00

Макс. Цена

482,00

Ср/взв. Цена

482,00

-0.16

Кол-во сделок

1

Объем (инвал.)

200 000

0бъем (драм)

96 400 000