ArmInfo. The Council of Elders of Yerevan on December 16 at an extraordinary meeting approved a draft agreement on the provision of $ 1.65 million for the construction and improvement of the new building of the Erebuni Archaeological Museum-Reserve. The project is the result of a collaboration between the Municipality of Yerevan and the John D & Sosi Balian Foundation .
A memorandum of intent was signed between the IDeA Foundation, the Erebuni Museum Reserve, the Municipality of Yerevan and the John D & Sosi Balian Foundation on April 5, 2019. On October 3, Yerevan Mayor Hayk Marutyan and American entrepreneur John Balian signed an agreement on providing funds for the construction of a new building. According to the document, $ 1.3 million will be spent on construction, which will be carried out on a plot of 3000 sq.m.
: in the exhibition halls equipped with the latest technology, visitors to the Erebuni historical and archaeological reserve will be able to virtually track different periods of Yerevan's history. Such an opportunity will be provided to them after the commissioning of the new museum complex.
The Erebuni Archaeological Museum-Reserve is located in Yerevan on the Arin-Berd hill, next to the ruins of an ancient Urartian fortress. Here are collected about 13 thousand archaeological finds relating to both the pre-Urartian and Urartian, Hellenistic and early Armenian eras, as well as exhibits discovered as a result of excavations of the Erebuni fortress in 1950-1959 and the Urartian city of Teishebaini, which took place on the Karmir- Bloor (Red Hill) in the years 1939-1958. Academician Boris Piatrovsky directed these works. The best finds today are presented in the Urartian Hall of the Hermitage.
The Erebuni Museum itself was opened in 1968 on the 2700th anniversary of the founding of Yerevan.
READ ALL COMMENTS