Tuesday, January 14 2020 16:58
Karine Melikyan

By December 2019, public debt of Armenia reached $ 7.2 billion, and  external debt exceeded $ 5.6 billion

By December 2019, public debt of Armenia reached $ 7.2 billion, and  external debt exceeded $ 5.6 billion

ArmInfo. By December 1, 2019, the public debt of Armenia reached $ 7.2 billion (3.4 trillion drams), slightly slowing y-o-y growth - from 6.3% to 5.8%, due to a  slowdown in external debt growth to 3.7% and a continuing relatively  high growth in domestic debt - 7.1% (versus 5.9% and 7.7% growth,  respectively, a year earlier). This is happening against the backdrop  of accelerating growth in economic activity in January-November 2019  to 7.5% per annum from 5.7% in January-November 2018.

According to the Statistical Committee of the Republic of Armenia, as  of December 1, 2019, the external public debt exceeded $ 5.6 billion  (2.7 trillion drams) or 78.5% of the total public debt, and the  domestic one - $ 1.5 billion (735.9 billion drams) or 21.5%. 

To recall, the external debt of Armenia conquered a height of $ 5  billion in August 2017, continuing to grow to $ 5.5 billion by the  end of the same year, after which there was a slow decline, but since  2019 growth has resumed.

In January-November 2019 alone, the public debt of Armenia increased  by 3.5% due to an increase in domestic debt by 11.1% when the  external debt trend emerged from the recession by an upward 1.6%. A  year earlier, in January-November 2018, the growth rate of domestic  debt by 7% was accompanied by a decline in external debt by 1.8%,  which reduced the total public debt by only 0.1%.

In the structure of external debt, the government accounted for 90.9%  or $ 5.1 billion, and the Central Bank accounted for the remaining  9.1% or $ 512.1 million, against 89.4% and 10.6% a year earlier.  Moreover, the external debt of the government slightly slowed down  y-o-y growth - from 6.7% to 6%, while the debt of the Central Bank  continued to decline, accelerating the pace from 7.2% to 10.3%. In  January-November 2019 alone, a 2.6% increase in the external debt of  the government was accompanied by a decrease in the external debt of  the Central Bank by 7%, while a year earlier in the same period a  decrease in the external debt of the Central Bank and the government  was observed by 5.1% and 1.4% respectively.

In the structure of the domestic public debt, government bonds  dominate - by December 2019, the share was 92.1% ($ 1.4 billion or  677.7 billion drams), with a y-o-y increase in absolute value by  19.2%, and in January-November alone - by 17.4% , while in  January-November 2018, the increase was 9.1% with the same y-o-y  growth. The remaining 7.9% fell to the share of Armenian Eurobonds -  $ 121.7 million or 58.1 billion drams, with a y-o-y decline in  absolute value by 28.6%, and  in January-November alone- by 10.2%,  against the growth a year earlier by 9.9 % both in January-November  2018, as well as in y-o-y terms. Since 2019, in the structure of the  domestic public debt, the article of guarantees, which previously  amounted to invariable $ 9 million, no longer appears. A year  earlier, as of December 1, 2018, the share of government bonds in the  domestic public debt was 86.9%, Armenian Eurobonds - 12.4%, and  guarantees - 0.7%.

POST A COMMENT
Input digits     


News


Exchange rates
18.02.2020
RUB7.51-0.06
USD478.95-0.10
EUR518.37-1.06
GBP622.40-2.23
CAD361.01-1.06
JPY43.660.06
CNY68.59-0.05
CHF488.330.35



Search by date

Government Bonds

Issue volume

10 billion

Volume of T-bills for placement

200 million

Volume of submitted competitive applications

200 million

Volume of satisfied bids

200 million

Yield at cut-off price

 5.8314%

Maximum yield

 5.8314%

Мinimum yield

 5.8314%

Weighted average yield

 5.8314%

Number of participants

2

The maturity date of T-bills

03.02.2020

ArmEx

 

СПРОС (Покупка)

USD

Средневзв. Цена

482,00

ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЕ (Продажа)

  USD

Средневзв. Цена

-

СДЕЛКИ

USD

Цена откр.

482,00

Цена закр.

482,00

Мин. Цена

482,00

Макс. Цена

482,00

Ср/взв. Цена

482,00

-0.16

Кол-во сделок

1

Объем (инвал.)

200 000

0бъем (драм)

96 400 000