Thursday, July 29 2021 18:27
Naira Badalian

Governor: Sotk mine will be exploited again when safety issues are  resolved  

Governor: Sotk mine will be exploited again when safety issues are  resolved  

ArmInfo.At present, the Sotk mine is not working, Gnel Sanosyan, the governor of the Gegharkuni region of Armenia, told reporters on July 29 after a government meeting.

Commenting on the ban for journalists to visit the area of the  village of Kut, the head of the region said that this was done for  security reasons. "On the territory adjacent to Kut, there has been a  definite advance of the enemy since May 13-14. Such a decision was  made taking into account the fact that yesterday, there was shooting  in this direction. For the same safety reasons, the employees of the  Sotk mine and part of the equipment were withdrawn. The mine is now  does not work, "said Sanosyan.

According to him, the mine will be exploited again when safety issues  are resolved.

Yesterday, it was reported that the work of the Sotsk mine had been  suspended, and the employees had to be evacuated yesterday when the  enemy began to fire indiscriminately. According to the company, 150  employees of the Armenian Sotk mine were evacuated due to the  shooting at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border. A few hours later, the  mine resumed its work in full.  The GeoProMining group of companies  develops the largest gold mine in Armenia the Sotk mine and the  Ararat gold recovery plant in Armenia. The mine is located on the  border of the Gegharkunik region and the Karvachar region (according  to the administrative division of Karabakh- Shahumyan region). After  the hostilities in 2020, the border passed right along the mine (part  of it came under the control of Azerbaijan).