ArmInfo. VTB Bank (Armenia) and the international payment system MasterCard summed up the results and awarded the winners of the joint marketing campaign #whenyouwin the game, which took place from 10.06.2017 to 10.09.2017 among all holders of MasterCard cards of VTB Bank (Armenia).
According to the press service of the Bank, by results of the action #whenyouwin is fixed the growth of non-cash payments by 2 times in comparison with the same period of the last year, and the turnover per one card grew by a record 40%. This indicates the growing interest of cardholders, both to non-cash transactions, and to ongoing incentive campaigns.
The drawing of 10 certificates for the purchase of household appliances worth 100 thousand drams, as well as the main prize - the car Hyundai Solaris passed among the 100 most active cardholders who during the period of the action made non-cash payments in the amount of 300 thousand AMD or more in trade and service points of Armenia and abroad, as well as in the Internet environment.
According to the source, the winners were determined according to the scheme of random selection. The 10 winners received certificates for the purchase of household appliances from the outlets offered by the Bank: Gayane Danielyan, Vardan Karapetyan, Arushan Ghazaryan, Gurgen Muradyan, Hrach Vardanyan, Fatima Grigoryan, David Karapetyan, Rima Harutyunyan, Anoush Haratyan and Kamo Tovmasyan. And the happy winner of the main prize - the car of Hyundai Solaris, was the participant of the salary project of the Bank, the surgeon Levon Grigoryan. The winner is also a participant in the package package "People of Business", developed by VTB Bank (Armenia) specifically for employees of healthcare, education, government, IT and telecommunication operators.
"VTB Bank (Armenia) periodically conducts such actions stimulating non-cash payments, the purpose of which is to increase interest in payment for purchases and services through payment cards, especially considering that all MasterCard cards of VTB Bank (Armenia) are already issued on contactless technology, that facilitates the process of non-cash payment," said in an official statement of the bank.
According to the 15th issue of the analytical survey "Armenian Banks in Card Business" prepared by NA ArmInfo, VTB Bank (Armenia) holds the leading position in the plastic market not only in terms of the number of active cards (both general and separately for Visa and MasterCard), but and the volume of transactions, both general and ATM. So, on April 1, 2017 the bank has about 313 thousand cards, of which more than 56% or 175.6 thousand units this is Visa, and the rest is almost 44% or 137.4 thousand units is MasterCard. In annual terms, the bank increased the MasterCard number by 75.3% or by 59 thousand units. The volume of plastic transactions on VTB Bank (Armenia) cards exceeded 222 billion AMD in 2016 (with an annual growth of 5.7%), of which almost 205 billion AMD are ATM transactions (with annual growth of 7.4%). As of April 1, 2017, the bank had 333 own POS terminals and 157 ATMs. Until 2013, VTB Bank (Armenia) issued and serviced only international VISA cards, and since September of that year, having become a full member of the international payment system MasterCard Worldwide, started issuing and servicing Cirrus/Maestro and MasterCard cards. VTB Bank (Armenia) has its own processing.
VTB Bank (Armenia) CJSC became a participant in the international financial group VTB in April 2004. At present, VTB Bank, the second largest bank in Russia, owns 100% of VTB Bank (Armenia). The Bank is traditionally one of the leaders of the banking system of the Republic of Armenia in terms of key indicators. The coverage of the branch network of VTB Bank (Armenia) has 67 branches with presence not only in the capital, but also in all regions of the country.