Thursday, February 23 2017 20:25
Alina Hovhannisyan

"Turning Environmental Challenges into Opportunities: Introducing Construction Materials from Plastic Waste" project launched in Kapan

"Turning Environmental Challenges into Opportunities: Introducing  Construction Materials from Plastic Waste" project launched in Kapan

ArmInfo. The launching  ceremony of the "Turning Environmental Challenges into Opportunities:  Introducing Construction Materials from Plastic Waste" project took  place in Kapan on February 23, Mayor of Kapan Ashot Hayrapetyan told  reporters. One of the most important expected results of the project  is to raise the environmental consciousness and behaviour change  among population.  

The project will project will create capacities for production of  construction materials using plastic waste in Kapan and create  additional employment in Syunik and Vayots Dzor regions. Hayrapetyan  said that the project will create 35 new jobs. "We developed the idea  to separate plastic from waste two years ago together with the Urban  Sustainable Development Fund. We were able to introduce this culture  in our communities," he added. In the future, he said, it is planned  to introduce construction materials from plastic waste. The price of  such construction materials will be no higher than the market price  and the products will be more ecologically friendly. The project is  estimated at 750 thsd EUR, with 60% of this amount to be allocated by  the EU, 25% by the Armenian Government, and 15% by the partners. "The  project will be implemented in Syunik and Vayots Dzor regions," he  said.      

EU Ambassador to Armenia Piotr Switalski opened the launching  ceremony of the project.  Ambassador Switalski noted that the EU  gives high priority to cooperation with local organizations. The EU  has invested millions of euros in cooperation: over 3 mln EUR in  Kotayk region, 8 mln EUR in Yerevan and today 2 interesting projects  related to waste management in Goris and Kapan are being discussed.  "Armenia is a beautiful country, and Armenians deserve to live in a  clean and healthy environment", said Ambassador Switalski while  pledging continuous support to development of regions in Armenia. The  project will ultimately contribute to balanced social and economic  development of Syunik and Vayots Dzor regions by introducing  innovative technology and diversifying economic opportunities. 

In addition, the "Alliance of Cleanness" project was presented. It is  estimated at 280 thsd EUR. The project provides for creation of  relevant infrastructures for effective scavenging, provision of  technical devices and improvement of household activities in Goris  and Gorayk communities.      

The project being implemented by joint efforts of Ijevan (Armenia)  and Bolnisi (Georgia) is nearing completion. The two partner towns  developed and expanded the strategy of garbage disposal and took  wide-scale measures to raise public awareness of waste sorting  methods.       

To note, the two-day forum "Turning Environmental Challenges into  Opportunities" covered the initiatives aimed at improving garbage  disposal services in different regions of Armenia. 75% of funding of  these projects is provided by the EU, with the remaining 25%  co-financed by the Government of Armenia. The forum was organized by  the Urban Sustainable Development Fund.


News


Exchange rates
18.01.2021
RUB7.03-0.10
USD522.19-0.34
EUR629.92-4.43
GBP706.58-6.20
CAD408.28-3.49
JPY50.31-0.10
CNY80.53-0.32
CHF585.87-2.96



Government Bonds

Issue volume

10 billion

Volume of T-bills for placement

200 million

Volume of submitted competitive applications

200 million

Volume of satisfied bids

200 million

Yield at cut-off price

 5.8314%

Maximum yield

 5.8314%

Мinimum yield

 5.8314%

Weighted average yield

 5.8314%

Number of participants

2

The maturity date of T-bills

03.02.2020

ArmEx

 

СПРОС (Покупка)

USD

Средневзв. Цена

482,00

ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЕ (Продажа)

  USD

Средневзв. Цена

-

СДЕЛКИ

USD

Цена откр.

482,00

Цена закр.

482,00

Мин. Цена

482,00

Макс. Цена

482,00

Ср/взв. Цена

482,00

-0.16

Кол-во сделок

1

Объем (инвал.)

200 000

0бъем (драм)

96 400 000